Celina, OH

left part of upper back between shoulder blade and spine has constant pain and is worse upon inhalation that feels like a tearing sensation?

Dr. George Arcos
Pain Management 38 years experience
Variable: The pain location you describe could be due to a rib dysfunction , called intercostal neuralgia. This would account for the increase with inhalation. Also consider myofascial pain of the rhomboid and serratus muscles. Referred pain from the shoulder can also cause pain in this location , so check with an orthopedic specialist. Thoracic disc herniaton is alos a possibility.