Boston, MA

i'm taking triple prevpack antibiotic for h pylori for since this antibiotic is strong, could it kill all the bacteria in one single treatment?

Dr. Steven Hill
Not usually: It is designed to fairly effectively kill h. Pylori but not kill all of your body's bacteria.
Dr. Tri Huynh
Gastroenterology 17 years experience
H. Pylori: Prevpac (lansoprazole amoxicillin and clarithromycin) is a good agent to treat h. Pylori, but it will not be effective to only take one time dose. You need to follow your doctor's prescription, which is one dose bid for 14 days. Do not take one dose then stop since this will cause antibiotic resistance in the future and make the bacteria more difficult to be treated.
Dr. Tri Huynh
Dr. Tri Huynh commented
Gastroenterology 17 years experience
Provided original answer
That is twice a day for 14 days.
Sep 15, 2013