does selson blue get rid of ringworm?

Dr. Diane Minich
No: Need an anti-fungal.

How do you prevent the spread of tineal ringworm?

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Ringworm: Ringworm is a fungal infection (not a worm) which tends to thrive on heat and moisture. Washing then drying the area thoroghly and then applying anti-fungal medications will help to keep the ringworm from speading and eventually heal the skin.

I have ringworm around my private area. What gets rid of it fast?

Dr. James Eitner
OTC Lamisil (terbinafine): Without a prescription, i would recommend lamisil, (terbinafine) however, it can still take a week or more of treatment. If that does not work, or it is widespread, you may need prescription medication. Of course, you should be sure that you are treating ringworm and not some other rash or infection. Proper treatment requires a proper diadnosis.

What is the fastest way to get rid of a ringworm besides a store bought fungal cream?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 32 years experience
Ringworm Therapy: There really is no fastest way to get rid of ringworm, but there are a few proven methods to learning how to get rid of ringworms fast. The first thing to make sure you remember is that you should not touch many things, especially other people or even animals until you have been able to try ways to get rid of ringworm. I like otc Lamisil (terbinafine) cream twice a day for two weeks.

I have ringworm how to get rid of?

Dr. Michael Ein
Infectious Disease 48 years experience
Topical antifungals: Apply a topical antifungal treatment that you can buy over the counter to the involved skin several times a day until 1 week after the rash has resolved. You can use the same treatments that are used for athlete's foot.

I would like guidance to ways to get rid of ringworm?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Trial of OTC cream: It is usually a ring-shaped lesion with serpentine borders and mild, flaky scales. Topical lamisil, lotrimin, or tinactin (tolnaftate) are available otc and all seem to work quite well for simple ringworm on body, not scalp/bearded areas. Keep area clean, dry and apply the cream 2-3x/day should get rid of it in about 10-14 days. If not better, consult doc for possible alternate diagnosis. Good luck.