does chilling with ice cause swelling to go down?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Often: The application of ice often helps soft tissue swelling related to trauma.

Should I worry if I have a lot of swelling?

Dr. Amy Herold
No: Swelling is normal postpartum and usually resolves within 2 weeks as the uterus shrinks and takes pressure off the pelvic blood vessels.

How can I adjust my waistband so that it is comfortable when I swell?

Dr. Traci Buxton
Elastic: You can buy extenders to hook over your belt loop to widen your waistband but it is probably a better idea to buy new pant or check into causes of weight gain.

Can ice make swelling go down?

Dr. Bryan Reuss
Orthopedic Surgery 21 years experience
Yes: Ice is the gold standard for initial treatment for swelling and should always be considered in a swollen joint.

What type of common insect in the u.S. Would give you a bite with the biggest swelling?

Dr. Robert Greer
Brown Recluse Spider: But this answer has a lot to do with where you live.Spiders are not really insects, but here in the south these are the most common "bite" causing a big reaction.You can have a fatal reaction to any insect sting.

How might cell swelling result from fluid shifts?

Dr. David Schleimer
Q is the A: Cells swell because fluids pass through the outer cell membrane. It may be caused by a myriad of situations. But your question is your answer: cells swell due to fluid shifts. Consult with proper specialist to fill in all the details. Good luck!

Last updated Feb 7, 2020