U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old member asked:

Would you see a rheumatoid doctor for piriformis?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tracy Lovell
Internal Medicine - rheumatology 21 years experience
See below: A primary care provider can address this as well as a rheumatologist.
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
Agree but a rheumatologist can make the diagnosis and I find that this is not easy for the PCP especially with the sciatica mimic component that can lead to unnecessary imaging
Sep 15, 2013

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 42-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 72-year-old female asked:
4 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
A 46-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 15, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.