pain when lifting right leg to get in car, cause?

Dr. Andrew Germanovich
Pain Management 13 years experience
Pain in the back?: Where is the pain? Ask this question more clearly.

What causes pain down the outside of my leg when kneeling?

Dr. Charles Metzger
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Iliotibial band: It is hard to be sure without an exam, but that sounds like a condition called iliotibial band syndrome. It's a large tendon that runs from the hip, down the outside of the thigh, and attaches just across the knee. It gets inflammed sometimes and causes these types of symptoms.

Yesterday I slid at volleyball and my leg went out in front of me. I now have a pain that is on and off. I don't know what to do and it hurts?

Dr. Otto Placik
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Knee gives out: It is time to be evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon with an expertise in sports injuries. It sounds as if you may have a collateral ligament injury but there are numerous other ligament or tendon injuries that may be responsible. It is likely that an MRI will be required to confirm the diagnosis.

Why is my lower right leg black and blue swollen after kne replacement several months later 13 doctors in ca do not have answer I m in a lot of pain ?

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Vascular Surgery 42 years experience
Need workup: Mri may be of help to diagnose the problem. Swelling can be the result of the lymph channels which have been overworked due to the knee replacement, it doesnt explain the discoloration. Consider use of a support hose to try and reduce the swelling.

After you break your leg how quick do you feel pain i fell like a second again. The pain is unbearable i twisted my leg in a hole in the ground

Dr. Monica Wood
Hand Surgery 28 years experience
Depending : Depending on the severity of the break (same as fracture), you may feel pain immediately or it may be delayed. The more severe the injury, the more likely it will hurt immediately. A twisting injury like that can fracture the tibia (shin bone) in the area where a boot top will hit. You could also have a high ankle sprain (syndesmosis injury) or an "ankle" fracture, which involves either or both of the tibia and fibula at the ankle. Ice the area immediately, keep your weight off it, get it above your heart if you can, and see a physician. If you have any bleeding, numbness, tingling, or a dusky foot, you should go to an er immediately. If not, you may see your primary care physician or an orthopaedic surgeon. I would recommend doing so today.
Miami, FL

Does a herniated L5 disc send pain down the front or the side of the leg?

Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 31 years experience
L45orl5s1: Pain goes down side or back of leg not front of leg and thigh is L4 nerve irritation usually disc herniation at l3-4 many variations like far lateral l45 disc herniation, diagnostic injections best way to confirm suspicions before surgery also have to throw in hip DJD and si joint for front of thigh pain. Also disc are named by two vertebra" L5 disc" is not enough info to describe a disc.

Last updated Mar 22, 2020