United Kingdom

had cardiac magnetic resonance angiogram. saw both arterties, would they of seen if it was a myocardial bridging?

Dr. Randy Stevens
General Surgery 24 years experience
Myocardial bridging: You had a myocardial mri. They may see myocardial bridging but make sure your doctor who ordered it asks the radiologist to comment on it. If they don't know what they are looking for they might miss reading for it. Ask for more than one read. Be well.
Dr. David Malpass
Pediatric Cardiology 33 years experience
Maybe: The role of cardiac MRI in the diagnosis of myocardial bridging is unclear at this time. It would not be my choice of test if i suspected this diagnosis in one of my patients. This diagnosis is typically established during cardiac catheterization, supplemented by intravascular ultrasound. Ct angiography may be useful as well.