India

doc please tell how to know whether i am carrying a boy or a girl other than ultrasound.home method to detect. i am very very tensed these days abt baby?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
Why so tensed?: There is no reliable home method to determine the sex of your baby. While it is common these days to determine gender via ultrasound, my wife & i chose not to do this with our children- we waited til birth to find out. Why are you so tensed? How would learning if your baby is a boy or girl reduce your tension? If it is important then get an ultrasound, but this is not reliable until 18 weeks.
Dr. Shariq Refai
One way to know: The only way to know the sex of the baby is through ultrasound. Just get regular follow ups and monitored by you physician so that you have a healthy baby whether it be a boy or a girl.
None available: There are many myths about babies heartbeat,position, string tests, etc and all of them work exactly half the time as you would with a guess. There are ways to tell when it is medically necessary.Otherwise you will know when it happens.