what could a lump in the tongue.its inside the tongue.and its hard and small.im 16.and the only thing i can think of is cancer.im so scared.no tabacco?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Travis Titlow
39 years experience Dentistry
Need more info: It could be nothing serious or it could be serious. Please get it checked by a dentist or doctor. It is probably from trauma like biting your tongue or some other injury, but it could also be serious.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017
1
Dr. Steven Chmielewski
29 years experience Diagnostic Radiology
Lots of things: Most of which are benign. Oral cancer in a 16 Y.O. Who does not use tobacco is extremely rare. It could be cyst or even thyroid tissue. I'd see an ent. Depending on your exam, the ENT may order a ct or mri.
Answered on May 23, 2015
1
Dr. Kari Sakurai
31 years experience Dentistry
See your dentist: Your dentist or oral surgeon will be best to evaluate this for you. Your peace of mind will be worth it.
Answered on May 11, 2015
3
Dr. James Anderson
18 years experience Dentistry
Biopsy: I would recommend having the lump biopsied by an oral surgeon. Then you will know for sure what it is after it is reviewed after its histology is reviewed under a microscope.
Answered on Feb 4, 2016
1