my klonopin (clonazepam) wasn't worling, then dr told me stop taking 1 mg klonopin (clonazepam) and take 0.5 mg halcyon. the second day i was sdepressed, body ache, diarrhea?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Gebrehana Zebro (formerly Woldegiorgis)
Not good choice: The medication you are put is very short acting benzodiazepine versus Clonazepam which is long acting . Benzodiazepines should be used with care and caution because they are associated with lots of problem . Addiction is one and withdrawal is the other . What you were experiencing is not typical of benzodiazepine withdrawal . Nevertheless you need to be watchful. Talk to psychiatrist and seek he.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
Dr. Eric Levin
40 years experience Psychiatry
What is your Dx?: I do not understand why you would be on Effexor (venlafaxine) xr and fluoxetine together. This may be the reason why the Klonopin was not working. I suggest that you review your diagnosis with your dr. If you are not seeing a psychiatrist then obtain a referral to see one. Perhaps psychological testing by a psychologist may help when discerning a diagnosis is a problem or a second opinion by another psychiatris.
Answered on Jun 26, 2014