Canada

The note on my pulmonary function test indicated "minimal obstruction." does that mean that nothing is wrong with my lung function?

Dr. Dennis Clifford
No: It means that there is some obstruction in the airways of the lung. Depending on the cause this may mean you require treatment, or not. Some airflow obstruction progresses even if minimal if related to cigarette smoking. If you smoke, stop immediately to prevent worse problems.
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 29 years experience
Mild obstruction: It means asthma, it may not be well controlled and the medications need to be adjusted.

Last updated Nov 5, 2017