United Kingdom

Sufferer of toloso hunt eye is blurred and wonky how long can it be expected to rectify ? please roughly ?!

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Recovery varies: Sorry to hear about your misfortune and having come down with this illness. I wish i could give you a timeframe for the recovery from this illness but from what i read recovery can take weeks to months. There is also unfortunately 30 to 40% relapse rate. I would recommend that you will address these scenarios with your treating physician. It appears that steroids play a major role in treatment. Chemotherapy agents such as Methotrexate or Imuran (azathioprine) are also used to suppress the immune response. Good luck to you. I know that you must be feeling miserable. I have had double vision in the past from a neurologic event and i know that was not a pleasant experience whatsoever. I wish you only the very best.
Dr. Charles Titone
Ophthalmology 37 years experience
2 weeks: With proper treatment recovery is rapid but can be limited. Orbital apex syndromes have a broad group of causes and ths is a diagnosis of exclusion after others are ruled out. An excellent review is here: www.Sepeap.Org/archivos/pdf/10126.Pdf‎ relapses occur in 30-40%. Immunosuppressant therapy ranging from steroids to immune modulators are used for treatment.