My 10 months old baby is running a fever. I have no access to pediatrician at the moment. What can I do to manage the temperature?

Dr. Sathish Adigopula
19 years experience in Pediatrics
.: Give the child some tylenol (acetaminophen)/aceteminophen or Ibuprofen for children. At 10 m I am guessing about 10 kg weight. So give about 4 ml of tylenol (acetaminophen) or 4 ml of Ibuprofen to control the fever. Fever usually is a symptom of some illness. Take the baby to the doctor as soon as you can to check him out. Treating fever is not the same as treating the illness.
Answered on Jun 25, 2014