what kind of surgery is done or torn meniscus and tendons ?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Tariq Niazi
42 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
See below:-: A meniscus could either be repaired or treated with removal of the torn part of the meniscus; a tendon generally has to be repaired as otherwise its function would be lost. Sometime a torn tendon with loss of some of a part of it might need to be replaced with a tendon graft.
Answered on Sep 5, 2013
Dr. Bernard Stulberg
46 years experience Orthopedic Reconstructive Surgery
Arthroscopy: For a torn meniscus that requires surgery - arthroscopy - but not all torn meniscus require surgery .For a torn tendon - it depends. Some require open surgical repair but others can be treated by non operative methods.
Answered on Sep 23, 2013
1