Dayton, VA

i drink a lot of soda but my teeth are always white i do forget o brush from time to time dose this mean my enamel is gone what r signs othrthen sens?

Dr. David Milder
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 35 years experience
Cut down on the soda: Hopefully you still have some enamel left. Saying that, i recommend limiting the consumption of soda. It is well known to cause tooth decay. You may not notice the cavities as they may start between teeth or at the gum-line. Additionally, soda is basically 'empty calories' with no nutritional value. It is also a major player in obesity and osteoporosis.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
Will destroy teeth: Soda will destroy your teeth. The sugar will cause decay, you will see spots that can be very white and eventually they will turn dark. Even diet soda is acidic and is also destructive to your teeth. Please cut back on the soda and drink more water. Make sure you have regular dental care.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
SODA ROTS TEETH!: Soft drinks & sports drinks have emerged as one of the most significant dietary sources of tooth decay. Acids & acidic sugar byproducts in soft drinks soften tooth enamel, contributing to the formation of cavities. In extreme cases, softer enamel combined with improper brushing, grinding of the teeth or other conditions can lead to tooth loss. See your dentist 2 discuss repair & future prevention!