Thailand

I'm pregnant 4 weeks. before pregnant blood test toxoplasma igg+ >2000iu/ml(reference range<1.6), igm weakly positive>0.6. is it safe for my baby?

Dr. Timothy Raichle
Likely protected: In acute infection, igm is initially elevated alone, and then igg is positive within a couple of weeks. Igg remains positive for your lifetime, but igm can persist for months to years. I would say that this new pregnancy is protected, but given the outcome of your prior pregnancy, you must discuss this in consult with a high-risk OB to confirm what I am saying!