how much should we drink water to avoid kidney stone?

Dr. S. Smiley Thakur
Nephrology and Dialysis 31 years experience
Given prior history: In a patient with a previous history of kidney stones, the recommendation is to drink enough to void at least 2 liters/day.
Dr. Quresh Khairullah
Nephrology and Dialysis 42 years experience
See below: Generally you need to pass 2.5 to 3 liters of urine a day, so you need to drink a little more than that , any liquid will do, taking into account loss from sweat depending on climate.
Dr. Stephen Chinn
Urology 38 years experience
> 2 L of urine/day: Need to have an overall fluid intake to achieve a urine output of at least 2, 000 mls/24 hours. It is dependent on your activity, environment, clothing, ........ The average soldier in desert storm needed 3-12 gallons of water per day. Travel, especially on an airplane, requires additional fluids: why do you think the flight attendents are always offering you water.