New Haven, IN

i have a sharp pain in my calf when i walk as if there's a knife in my calf muscles. there is also pain in my knee but not in my ankle..

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Let me explain: This most likely due to knee problem, also you have to keep in mind also, could be due to vascular problem. The knee extend to the back of the leg any thing will happened to the knee could effect the calf area.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
One must always: Rule out serious issues first. It is possible you have a clot. Signs of a clot are pain in the calf. It can be red, hot and larger than the other side. But doesn't, have to be. As long as you have one sides calf pain. Seek medical attention promptly. If it is in both calves the concern is not as high.

Last updated Sep 5, 2013