Franklin, LA

quick ways to stop vomiting?

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Depends on cause: It depends on the cause of vomiting. You will probable need evaluation and will require a prescription anti emetic.

How far does vomit have to go to be projectile?

Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Specializes in Pediatrics
Several feet: Projectile vomiting is the forceful expulsion of vomit, usually several feet away. Typical vomiting is several inches away. Projectile vomiting in a young infant can be a sign of pyloric stenosis and must be promptly evaluated.

Is vomiting a prominent symptom of nec?

Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
Yes: Vomiting, or regurgitation feeds is one of the hallmarks of developing nec.

I am getting so anxious lately that i've been vomiting, what can I do?

Dr. Alfredo Soto
Seek help: If you experience severe symptoms of anxiety to the point that they interfere with your life you need to seek professional help. Medication and/or therapy can help.

I get an urge to vomit while i'm at work. Anything I can do?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Find the Cause: You should seek the cause of the urge to vomit and resolve it. Is it a smell?, is it a visual? Is it stress? Once you identify the cause the answer may present itself. If it is the stress on the job that makes you feel this way then you should talk to your supervisor to see if you can resolve it. If that is not possible you may need to seek a new job asap.

I rarely throw up but in the last few hours I have thrown up 5 times. Is there anything I should do?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Stay hydrated: There are many causes to vomiting. Whatever the cause, stay hydrated by taking small sips of water frequently, sucking on ice chips, and eating things like snow cones or similar items. See your doctor if the vomiting goes longer than 24 hours, or if you notice blood or dark "coffee ground" appearing vomitus.