Westland, MI

5 days ago i had 2 teeth extracted for the first time. my healing process has been normal except my left foot/calf are swollen, are they associated?

Dr. John Comisi
Dentistry 38 years experience
Unlikely: It would be very unlikely for there to be a correlation between the two. There could be any number of other causes. But to be certain, please consult with the dentist that did the extractions to be sure he/she is aware if this circumstance.
Dr. Joy Poskozim
Specializes in Dentistry
Dehydration?: Have you been drinking enough water? Are you on any meds that inhibit circulation? Make sure to be drinking fluids and stay away from salt/sodas/alcohol that can cause dehydration or swelling. See your dentist if it doesn't improve in a couple of days.

Last updated Nov 26, 2013