U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
VA
A 16-year-old female asked:

how to get rid of a stress headache and how to not be so stressed?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 25 years experience
Stresssssssss: Work on learning to relax. Try deep breathing exercises & progressive muscle relaxation. Do you get physical activity every day? Have you considered cognitive behavioral therapy to help deal with anxiety? Other options- acupuncture, qi gong, tai chi, meditation & yoga. Take care.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A 30-year-old member asked:

How can I prevent my toddler from getting the swine flu?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 46 years experience
Which type ?: This label has been associated with both the H1N1 of 2009 and 2013-14 and another strain, H1 N5 (I think) in 2013. The H1N1 was in the vaccine for 2013-14. Vaccination or total exclusion from community contact are the primary preventive measures. Use of Tamiflu (oseltamivir) after exposure may also prevent it.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 29-year-old member asked:

What causes nicks in my fetal artery dopplers, and how can I prevent them?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Maternal-Fetal Medicine 26 years experience
Not clear question..: If you are referring to umbilical artery abnormal doppler velocimetry, this is a specialized test for growth restricted fetuses and there is not much you can do about preventing fetal growth restriction. Avoid exercise and follow your perinatologist's instructions to avoid pregnancy complications. Hope this answers your question - if not, please try to specify what you are concerned about.
A 38-year-old member asked:

What diet will prevent the progression of heart disease?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Internal Medicine 35 years experience
Somewhat: Diet with modification of fat intake, coupled with exercise can help slow heart disease progression. To say it can prevent it is probably stretching things. However, there is no question that regular exercise coupled with good diet habits and a physician's guidance imo can clearly improve one's cardiac disease status. I believe considerable research exists to back up that statement.
A 25-year-old member asked:

Is it possible to get rid of scar? I have bad scar after stitches on my foot. It looks awful. Please help me.

3 doctor answers11 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
You can: Try conservative treatment consisting of silicone sheeting, topical Mederma application, injections m or consider scar revision...

Related questions

A 37-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 59-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Mar 28, 2015

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.