Toledo, OH

wondering y the sides of my tongue keep swelling like my. taste buds on the sides?

Dr. Brian Hoffman
Dentistry 14 years experience
Multiple Possibility: This can be as simple as biting your tongue while you sleep, to food allergies, systemic or oral medication side-effects. Pay attention, see if you can find any patterns: when i drink wine at night, my tongue is swollen in the morning, or yes, there is slight pain involved and an area of abrasion present. These other clues will allow a more accurate diagnosis. Additional ?, see your dmd or md.
Dr. Kari Sakurai
Dentistry 32 years experience
Check w your dentist: You may be clenching or grinding your teeth at night and catching the sides of your tongue in the process. Your dentist will check to see if you have a scalloped tongue or rule out other causes such as allergic reaction or a precancerous situation. Your dentist and a physical exam will give you the best diagnosis and treatment options. I hope this helps.