United Kingdom

I'm having a g/a to remove an apical periodontal cyst from inside my mouth my hard palate how will i feel afterwards will i have sore jaw etc?

Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 31 years experience
Peri apical cyst: First of all the cyst is coming from an infected tooth which needs to get addressed as well as the cyst. You will need a root canal and an incision of the abscess i order to eradicate the problem. If is is a plain old mucous retention cyst, you do not need tooth work. The recovery for both procedures is that day off work. U you should be ok to work the next day. Good luck.
Dr. Kenneth Rotskoff
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 46 years experience
Yes: The area of surgery will be sore for about 7-10 days and the sutures are ofen irritating until they either dissolve or are removed. Youmay have a slight swelling in teh surgical area.

Last updated Sep 4, 2013