I put in my contact lens just now and i can't find it in my eyes. should i keep blinking to see if it comes out?

Dr. David Chandler
Ophthalmology 33 years experience
Probably is out: Usually when a person cannot find a lens in their eye it already fell out. The lens cannot go behind your eye, though sometimes a piece of a torn lens could be trapped behind the eyelid. A soft contact lens is too large to usually stay on the eye surface and not be on the cornea. So, you could look around to see if you can find it. If the vision is blurred, there is probably no lens there.

Last updated Aug 26, 2013