is it bad to push down on my stomach after eating? i tend to suck it in when i eat and then push down on my stomach a while after to make myself go to the bathroom. is this impairing my digestion?

Dr. Aaron Ament
57 years experience Psychiatry
WHAT'S THE PURPOSE?: Most of us don't have to do it this way. Sounds unusual. I wonder how/why you started. Couldyou have a bowel movement with out helping mechanically? Something is starnge here. Does diet have enough fiber and water? A good physical exam would be a good place to start - and do tell the dr about this.
Answered on Apr 13, 2016