OH

i have really bad stomach pains on my left side and then there are sharp pains down my legs? the pain is on a scale of 8 on a high of 10.

Dr. Gebrehana Zebro (formerly Woldegiorgis)
Stomach or back: It is difficult but not impossible to associate stomach pain and shooting pain to the left side leg. My judgment is that you have back pain radiating to the leg which is radicular pain ( nerve pain shooting to the extremities ) . Sometimes , it is difficult to localize the pain. In any case , it is very important to see your doc to help you sort out what the cause of the pain and treat it.

Last updated Aug 23, 2013