Clearfield, KY

i have an abscess. my teeth and gums are swollen with a sharp object poking out. what is it?

Dr. Lindsey Wolfer
Dentistry 43 years experience
Possible fistula: The tooth may be draining trough a 'hole' in the gum; or it may be part of the tooth broken down from decay. See your dentist right away.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Needs examination: Could be a fractured tooth, but that is only a guess. Needs to be evaluated and treated by a local dentist. Please call for an appointment.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
It doesn't matter: Because any infection (which is what an abscess is) requires effective antibiotic coverage and dental treatment to remove the cause of the infection. See your dentist as soon as possible to get if fixed before you have even a bigger problem. Untreated infections can cause serious complications including death. That is no joke or exaggeration.