United Kingdom

could my 7 week old son be teething? drooling a lot more than usual and been crying and fussy for 2 days, even mid-feed and chewing his hands.

Maybe,maybe not: Babies generally drool because they have no social conscience and make more slobber than they choose to swallow. It does increase with their mouthing and suckling activity.
Dr. Tracy Benhamou
Dentistry 20 years experience
Yes: Those are all classic signs of teething. The body knows what to do so let it happen. The two things i would look closer at are does he have an ear infection? Are you breast feeding? The ear infection because that can cause crankiness and drool. The breast feeding because if you are, then you need to take some precautions so that he does not bite you while suckling.
Dr. Eyal Simchi
Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry
Possible: That is a possibilty although not probable. On average teeth begin eruption at 6 months. At times chldren will begin teething earlier so it is possible. Sometimes earaches can cause kids to act similar to teething so if it seems that the discomfort is getting worse it may be worth seeing ur child's md.