half of my face is paralyzed after getting a filling. when will this go away?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Local anesthesia: If it's from an injection of local anesthesia, usually 30 minutes to 4 hours, but it can be longer if your dentist used a longer acting local anesthesia. As we have no way of knowing what procedure was done, what anesthesia was used, and if there were any unexpected complications, you should direct that question to the dentist who treated you. Call the office.
Answered on Sep 29, 2016
Dr. Mark Burke
18 years experience Plastic Surgery
See your doc!!: This would be a very rare complication of fillers. Was Botox injected as well? Was something injected deep near your ear? Do you have any movement? How long has it been? I would expect that this is simply a neuropraxia (temporary weakness). I would go back to the doc who did injection. Consider seeing a plastic surgeon or another experienced dr. For history/exam and another opinion.
Answered on Jan 28, 2015
1
1
Dr. Mark Burke
Dr. Mark Burke commented
18 years experience Plastic Surgery
Provided original answer
My appologies if you were referring to a dental filling! I will leave you to my dental colleagues for guidance.
Dec 22, 2013