help! i have a canker sore coming in on the side of my tongue..how can i get rid of it before it fully forms?

Dr. Denny Cho
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Laser: Find a dentist in your area with a laser.

What to do if I have a canker sore at the front tip of my tongue. Any tips on how to get rid of it?

Dr. Kenneth Van Stralen
Dentistry 37 years experience
Zilactin B: A good economical fix is to go to your local pharmacy an buy a product called zilactin. Dry the ulcer with cotton tip applicator the apply a small pea sized drop of the gel. Wait until the gel becomes opaque. Plain zilactin stings. Zilactin recognized this and added Benzocaine to their product. The mixture is called zilactin b.

How'd i get a canker sore underneath my tongue and how do I get rid of it?

Dr. Joel Doyon
Cosmetic Dentistry 36 years experience
Self heals: Canker sores appear on the movable tissues in your mouth. They self resolve by 2 weeks. You can cover it with zilactin, which you can purchase at a drugstore. It covers and sticks to the canker sore for several hours and promotes healing and reduces the discomfort.
Dr. William Jakavick
Cosmetic Dentistry 37 years experience
Another newer and excellent medication is called xerese but you need a prescription and it can be very costly, but it works great.
Dec 7, 2013

How could i get a canker sore underneath my tongue and how do I get rid of it?

Dr. Gary Chapman
Orthodontics 35 years experience
Unlucky: Canker sores occur in some people more than others. There is no known treatment that speeds up healing beyond the normal 10 days. You can get canker sore anywhere in your mouth. They are caused by a combination of microtrauma and a virus.