Philadelphia, PA

having a bruise-like pain (no noticeable bruise) under my right ribcage, my left side of ribcage feels like it's rubbing against something when i turn?

Dr. Kornelis Poelstra
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 24 years experience
Rib cage: It's rare in a young person, but sometimes people can have some nerve compression in their spine at the level of the rib cage that produces band-like pain around the chest. Both sides can be involved. The other possibility is some early signs of flu or maybe you have been coughing some and the muscles are sore. If it stays uncomfortable for 3-5 days, go see your doctor. Best of luck!