Toledo, OH

Dr. put me on antibiotics for my swollen lymphnodes he thinks a spider bite me, how long does it take for my nodes to go down, before im concerned?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
Stop antibiotic: First determine what you have in your neck. If the dr says it was a spider, he has no clue. Go to a dr of internal medicine.
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 36 years experience
Monitoring Centers: Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food. Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph for anything bad like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.

Last updated Dec 2, 2016