Fullerton, CA

would using a microwaved hotpack for my eyes(swollen/clogged eye gland) be harmful at all? because of the radiation...

Dr. Richard Carlin
Ophthalmology 50 years experience
No: Don't worry. The radiation used to heat the pack will not affect your eyes.
Dr. Yale Kanter
Ophthalmology 61 years experience
Microwave: No. Easier and safe way to do this is to make a hot cup of tea, squeeze out the baggy, place it in a zip locked bag and cove it with a piece of paper towel, kleenex or napkin, and hold it over the area. The size will fit the area well. As it gets cooler remove the covering. Drink the tea if you like tea and by the time you finish the cup of tea it is time to stop the treatment.