Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have a bad pain on the right side of my ribs/back area, nearthe breast. it is very tender and i can barely touch it. it hurtsto lift my arm. i also have pain in my waist which goes to myback. it hurts to walk. i haven't been drinking much water.could it

Dr. Rodney Del Valle
If you don't : Have fever, burning urination, you probably won't have a pyelonephritis(kidney infection). Yor symptoms, as you described it, sound like a muscular sprain or spasm. Have you done any heavy lifting. I will recommend a good history and physical with your physician.
Dr. Barbara Toohill
Clinical Psychology 12 years experience
See your doctor...: The location of the pain you are describing sounds like it is unlikely to be kidney pain. It is possible that it is muscle or nerve pain. Often we are unaware of how many muscles we use even for simple activities like walking until we are experiencing pain in them. That being said, given the level of pain you are describing, it is probably best to see your doctor to have it evaluated.

Last updated Jun 9, 2020