My neck has brown spots, my chest is red and wrinkly, and my face has wrinkles, brown spots, and redness. should i do fraxel laser or ipl?

Dr. Danielle DeHoratius
Dermatology 19 years experience
Depends: Each modality treats something different. The ipl will treat more of the red spots as well as some of the brown marks. Fraxel will also treat the brown marks in addition to the wrinkles. You have to decide which was you would like corrected more.
Dr. Yuly Gorodisky
Plastic Surgery 20 years experience
IPL: Sounds like you have pigmentation issues and ipl is the way to treat that. Fraxel is a treatment for wrinkles.
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Plastic Surgery 36 years experience
See below: After an evaluation, your dermatologist will advise you on the treatment options and and the benefits of each in your particular case. You may even need both. Sunscreen is very important in prevention of future recurrence.
Dr. Emil Shakov
Aesthetic Medicine 17 years experience
IPL : If you are a fitzpatrick 1-3 than ipl can be good for you, it might take 3-4 treatments to accomplish.
Dr. Vicki Levine
Dermatology 41 years experience
Fraxel would be another option
Nov 17, 2013

Last updated Sep 28, 2016