i got tmj from geodon (ziprasidone) and it also affected the strength of all my other joints. geodon (ziprasidone) used to over tighten the joints and now without it, my joints move around more. what should ido?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Not really: Tmj is not a side effect of geodon (ziprasidone). Change in medication and onset of TMJ signs/symptoms probably coincidental. See your psychiatrist about balancing meds. See an orthodontist about your joint problem. Ask them to consult w each other.
Dr. R Lee Hinson
Dentistry 38 years experience
TMJ issues are: Unlikely to have been caused by medication. They stem from imbalance in your chewing muscles & teeth alignment in many cases, unless you had past jaw trauma. Likely your "tmj" has been lurking w/o symptoms that u recognize & now have appeared. Seek consult w a dentist who has studied w the pankey institute or the dawson center if u need a referral. Try splint therapy first! good luck!
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Not likely: Not likely due to the drug. See a TMJ expert to help evaluate and treat your problem. A TMJ expert can be an oral surgeon, prosthodontist, orofacial pain specialist. Ask your physician, dentist or dental society for a recommendation.