advertisements for coral calcium supplements appear to be everywhere. the ads claim that this calcium not only helps bones but also cures many other medical conditions. is coral calcium better than any other kind?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology 46 years experience
No: This is an ad that was recycled a few years ago. The claims are grossly false. I believe the company was fined by the ftc for false advertising but has not resurfaced. There are many sources of calcium that are combined with magnesium and other minerals at any drug or health food store that are safe and effective.
Pathology 49 years experience
Hype: The claim is hype, pure and simple.