Menifee, CA

i had my tb test read (negative) but just realized it had only been 45 hours, not 48. is this still considered negative?

Dr. Bruce Pierce
Wait: 3 more hours, if no change, its negative.
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 29 years experience
PPD: Yes it should be fine, it is most probably negative.

I had bcg. What do I do in us when TB test is positive?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
BCG: Within 3 yrs after receiving BCG most individuals do not have false positive skin tests for tb. If one has a positive PPD skin test, the overwhelming probability is that they have inactive tuberculosis.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
A chest radiograph is also recommended. The size of the skin test induration should be interpreted with reference to possible risk factors for TB. A plan for prophylaxis or treatment will be recommended based on additional information. A blood test is also available and should be discussed with your physician.
Jun 8, 2014

I had TB when i was 22 yr old..How can I be sure that I am fully cured?

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Pulmonary Critical Care 25 years experience
Medications: If you took all your TB medications, then you should have no worries.
Cranberry Twp, PA

I had to get a TB done today, but they didn't say if it affected anything. Is there anything i shouldn't do like sexual activities and such?

Dr. Nathan Lilya
TB?: By tb, do you mean tuberculosis? And do you mean you had a TB test done today? If that's the case, you don't need to worry - nothing you do will affect the test result. Just go back and have it read like they would have told you. Good luck!

What do you recommend if I had a TB test and there is no bubble?

Needs to be: palpated. Ball point pen test can feel for underlying induration that is not visible as a "bubble".
Pakistan

I had necklumbs cz of TB cured 2 years before. lumbs existed but decreased in size and now they are appearing again. Do I still / again have TB?

Pathology 49 years experience
See doctor: TB could recur and it is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without examining you. It would be prudent to consult a doctor for an evaluation. Wish you good health and a happy new year!

Last updated Aug 14, 2013