U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old female asked:

Since i was a little girl, i can't control my urine. now, it has become worse. i have to wear a pad and every morning the pad is full. now, the right side of my stomach has started to hurt. what should i do?

3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 31 years experience
Go see your doctor: Have you talked to your family doctor about this? It's not clear to me whether you're describing enuresis (bed wetting) or incontinence (lack of (bladder) control). Abdominal pain is worrisome for infection. Could also be due to other reasons for increase urine production eg diabetes mellitus & diabetes insipidus. Go see your doc for complete evaluation. May need urogynecologist or endocrinologist.
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 59 years experience
Enuresis: If you have never had a workup for your poor urinary control, you should. The pain you are describing may be due to a kidney problem which may be the cause of your problem.
Dr. Nela Cordero
Pediatrics 55 years experience
NEUROGENIC BLADDER ?: Have you been checked by a nephrologist? You also need check up for urine infection due to abdominal pain.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.