India

Im 57 female diabetic and have 1 kidney....donated 1 to my brother. i feel a kind of tingling n strange sensation in my toes. what to do?

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 30 years experience
Neuropathy: Diabetes can cause peripheral neuropathy if not well controlled. You need to have your glucose frequently checked and your medications adjusted by your physician. Mention your symptoms to your physician, they can give you medications to help.
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Foot tingling: Diabetics are prone to diabetic neuropathy, which can manifest in tingling. You will need to have your doc examine you and find the reason for your tingling. One interesting fact found recently is B12 deficiency caused by metformin. I find a lot of my patients of your age especially with diabetes to be B12 deficient.
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
39 years experience
I agree with : Previous answer however it may not be related to your diabetes. Get checked for neuroma or nerve entrapment too.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 23 years experience
Possible neuropathy: Depending on the affected nerves, symptoms of diabetic neuropathy can range from a numbness and tingling sensation, possibly a burning sensation, to an uncomfortable painful sensation of the extremities. Neuropathy may affect your digestive system, urinary tract, blood vessels and the heart. For some people, the symptoms are mild; for others, it can be painful and disabling.

Last updated Jun 24, 2014