I sometimes have headache next to my ears esp. in the left side.and the pain increases when i wake up .what is the cause?

Evaluation required: This would actually require obtaining a medical history and performing an examination to get a better idea of the cause. Have you ever been assessed for possible TMJ problems?
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
TMJ issue: There is a good chance what you're describing is caused by the dysfunction of your temporomandibular joint (tmj). The pain is around the ear and may spread along the course of the temporalis muscle that is attached to the mandible. Read about TMJ dysfunction on line and see if symptoms coincide. Check out exercises, local heat, anti-inflammatory medications - ibuprofen. Bite splints are worth too.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017