Canada

I have a red spot on the side of my tongue for about a month. very painful, red sore all along the side of the tongue. what can it be?

Dr. David Martin
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 28 years experience
Tongue sore: The two things that i see most commonly are viral ulcers, which resolve on their own, and tongue cancers, which can be quite aggressive. I would recommend you see an ENT as a biopsy could be done, if warranted, or medication can be given to make it go away sooner.
Dr. Robert Hulbert
Dentistry 22 years experience
Tongue : A red spot on the tongue could be many different things. Most common would be trauma from your teeth or from food. You should however be concerned if the spot is either changing or not going away. Any time a "spot" shows up on the body there should be some concern. You should have it looked at if it persists and it may be something that your doctor samples and has sent to a lab

Last updated Apr 28, 2019