MO

i had gastric bypass in 05 and i have developed a vitamin defficiency. taking 975 mg fe. what is normal daily dose of vitamin d for grown woman?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Vitamin D : I am happy to hear you are wiling to take vitamin d. You are ahead of the curve. You will read a lot of different recommendations online about this. I have my patients take 2000 units to 5000 units/day. It is, actually, safe to take up to 10, 000 units/day.
Dr. Gregg Nishi
Bariatrics 22 years experience
Vitamin D: For my gastric bypass patients with a vitamin d deficiency, if their level is greater than 20ng/ml i usually give them 1000 international units per day, and sometimes 5000 iu a day. If their level is below 20ng/ml, i give them a prescription for high dose vitamin d. 50, 000iu once a week for 6 weeks in addition to 1000iu daily.

Last updated Oct 28, 2013