how come i have a gold ring around both pupils in my eyes?

Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology 34 years experience
Center-brown gene: There is a gene for iris color which produces a band of pigment near the pupil.

RI

Sometimes one of my eyes has twinkling lghts or just one light in front of my pupil. The episode usually lasts 5 to 10 minutes and happens randomly.

Dr. Rajesh Khanna
Ophthalmology 29 years experience
Response: I recommend you go and see an ophthalmologists that way they can do a full exam and make sure everything is ok.
Germany

The pupil of my eyes are always extended but im not consuming drugs, why?

Dr. Andrew Doe
Interventional Radiology 20 years experience
Lighting: Most likely due to the lighting when you look at your eyes.

My eyes are burning when i wake up in the morning and there are brown rings around the pupil. What do I need to do about this?

Dr. Jodi Luchs
LASIK Surgery 30 years experience
See your Eye Doctor: Burning in the morning can be related to a number of issues occurring when you sleep, such as the eyes drifting open or contact with the pillow. However other conditions such as dry eyes, lid inflammation (blepharitis) or allergies may also be contributing. See your eye doctor for help. Regarding the pigmentation, you need to see your ophthalmologist to take a look.

The pupils in my eyes don't react, should I be concerned?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Not a problem : You probably have very small pupils which don't appear to react as they are starting from a very small diameter. You can test reaction by setting up a mirror and quickly going from a bit of time in a dark room and then looking to see what happens when the lights go on. I assume you are not taking any drugs with pupillary effects.
New York, NY

Is having a blue ring in the whites of my eyes about a CM away from my pupil an issue?

Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology 30 years experience
Arcus?: This bluish circumferential ring in the cornea is most likely cholesterol deposition that occurs whith aging. This is Typically seen in people over 40, and more visible in brown colored eyes. If you are younger than40, you should discuss this with your family doctor who may send you to an ophthalmologist to verify, and if present, you should have a lipid panel drawn to evaluate your blood fats.