There seem to be many benefits of having one general dentist who does the same type of work that specialists do. He'd know the patient the best of all. Is it the best practice?

Dr. James Manning
42 years experience in Dentistry
Best?: General dentists have many direct treatment skills. In addition, as with a primary care physician, they are gate keepers for specialty referrals. When a specific condition exceeds the general dentist's skill set, they should refer the patient to the appropriate specialist. They can coordinate treatment between specialists & themselves, creating a team approach for the best patient outcome.
Answered on Sep 18, 2013
2