i don't believe in unnecessary medical treatment. do i really need to treat anemia?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Hematology and Oncology 23 years experience
Depend: Will depend on the severity of anemia/ how low your hemoglobin is- and whether you have any related symptoms ; the cause of the anemia ( bleeding, iron/vit deficiency , destruction of the red blood cells, decrease production of red blood cells etc ) and also depend on your willingness to get treatment. Please discuss with your doctor.
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Yes: Anemia is low blood count and may be mild or serious. Either you body does not produce enough red cells (blood cell cancer, uremia, chemotherapy, low iron, malnutrition) or you are actively bleeding (ulcers, trauma, GI malignancy, gu malignancy) or you are destroying your cells (inherited, splenic overactivity). Your hematologist needs to sort this out. If the cause is gone, you can do well.