I have pain on and off in my knees when going up the stairs and getting up feels like when you twist your ankle and can't put pressure on it?

Dr. Peter Ihle
53 years experience in Orthopedic Surgery
Sounds like chondrom: Chondromalacia will give u these symptoms. The tress across the patello-femoral joint going up or down stairs is a symptom of this as stairs especially going down puts a lot of stress across this joint. Also when u sit 4 a while there's constant pressure exerted across this joint also & since the body has good pressure sensors when you suddenly release this pressure it is painful. C an ortho4 eval.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
1