boyfriend bit my lip wicked hard and bruised it. how do i treat this?

Dr. Sonja Garden
Dentistry 29 years experience
Ice: If your lip is swollen try to ice it, 20 minutes on & then off. If it is bruised he may have broke a blood vessel. This may or may not go away. You sould see your dentist to check.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Bruised lip: Ice right away to help reduce swelling & make it feel better. Keep it clean- water mixed with 3% hydrogen peroxide in equal amounts applied a few times a day for the first 2-3 days. Take advil, Motrin or aleve (naproxen) for pain & to reduce inflammation. If it continues to swell it might indicate an infection which would require you seeing a dentist for antibiotics. Mostly nature will heal it.