Scranton, PA

Went from 50 to 100 mg zoloft (sertraline) 2 weeks ago. dropped klonopin from .5 to .25 on thursday. now i can't sleep &have more anxiety. is it from zoloft (sertraline) or klono?

Dr. Patrick Tapia
Talk to your doctor: That is the challenge with two simultaneous dosage changes. My intuition leads me to believe that it could be the Clonazepam reduction however increases in antidepressants are also known to promote insomnia in the context of a promotion of a manic state. In my experience sertraline is more sedating and so it would be unusual for it to interfere with sleep but not unheard of. Talk with your md.

Last updated Jun 24, 2014