Fullerton, CA

i have a high bite on one of my teeth that is filled with filling. went to dentist to try to find the high bite. doctor can't find it, what do i do?

Dr. Kayvon Javid
Dentistry 20 years experience
Go back again: Communicate with your doctor. Let them know of your conners and they will find the high spot on your tooth.
Dr. Christopher Hayner
Dentistry 19 years experience
Second opinion: If you can feel a high bite or if it just feels like your bite is off, one or more of your teeth need slightly adjusted. If you just had work done, it should be one of those teeth. If not, your jaw may have moved slightly from grinding or some other parafunctional habit. Either way it need to be corrected, either by adjusting the tooth/teeth or addressing the habit.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Tooth tenderness: If the bite is truly still high (which occurs sometimes even after an adjustment), the dentist should have no problem locating and correcting it. What often happens is that either the tooth feels tender and that's what causes the pain on pressure rather than the tooth actually being 'high' or... Patients clench on the tooth making it high again even though the tooth was properly adjusted.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Provided original answer
Call your dentist and have him\her re-evaluate it.
Jul 25, 2013